Friday, March 17, 2006

I Found the Sandwich Artist

So we all know KU will lose in some terrible way that causes great pain for the next year. This is especially true after Sports Illustrated and almost everyone in my office pool picked them to go to the Final Four. Not a good sign. I'm just hoping they beat Bradley.

Having resigned myself to an early and painful exit, I've also picked out the commercial most likely to annoy me the most during the game. Every year we all know there's one commercial that just GRATES on the nerves during the game. Remember the Subway Sandwich Artist and UTEP? Or the Snapple lady? Last year I didn't get a commercial because CBS in Florida wasn't carrying the game until it became clear KU was going to lose. At that point, it really wasn't necessary to become annoyed by a commercial. The game was enough.

This year's winner comes to us courtesy of Applebees. They have these two idiots standing in water that keeps rising as they sing alternative lyrics to the theme song from Gilligan's Island. It's all an attempt to get us to buy their new shrimp sensations. Given that Applebees is based out of Kansas City you'd think they would have a little more sensitivity for the Jayhawk fan. They don't.

Coming in second this year is "The New Adventures of Old Christine." CBS is going to promote that show at every turn, including posting graphics over key moments in the game just to make sure I NEVER watch the show. Sorry, Elaine. You need a better show.

And in third place, ANY of the CSI/Lawyer saves the day/Criminal Minds shows they'll promote. Why can't I get an Amazing Race promotion? At least I like that show.

Let's hope that KU does so well I don't have to worry about hating any commercials.
By the way, anyone else the only person in their office pool to pick Bucknell in the first round? I learned my lesson last year. I guess they're the new Gonzaga. Everyone will keep expecting them to lose, and they'll keep being the "upset" win every year.

Go 'Hawks!

1 comment:

cthomp said...

Yeah the commercial is the worst. But at least we don't have to worry about that now, thanks to the Ruskie